Contemporary Art Tasmania is supported by occasional projects developed by guest curators.
The 2023 CAT Guest Curator is Scot Cotterell. His exhibition Last Messages will open at CAT in February 2023.
CAT acts to generate, influence, filter and reveal the complexities of contemporary art; that constantly shifting field of activity that engages with – or challenges – the present. One way we do this is through curatorial projects, developed both in-house by CAT as well as externally by professional curators working outside the organisation. Guest curators contribute to creating an expansive environment for our programs and for professional practice.
Past Guest Curators
- 2022 – Lucy Bleach, Boundaries, Curator Conversation [PDF]
- 2021 – Jasmin Stephens, Composing Archipelagos
- 2020 – Sarah Jones, La morte mi troverà vivo
- 2019 – Stevie S. Han, Unspoken Rule
- 2018 – Anne Mestitz, Beyond the Field (Still)
- 2017 – Scot Cotterell, Occasions hosted by Isabelle Lewis
- 2016 – Alex Gawronski and Justene Williams, Big Cheese
- 2016 – Erin Sickler, exhaust
- 2015 – Matt Warren, envelop(e)
- 2013 – Nancy Mauro-Flude and Pip Stafford, NAF:TMFC
- 2013 – Jordan Basemen and Gary Thomas, 971 horses + 4 zebras
- 2013 – Jock McQueenie, Making Sense
- 2013 – Paul Snell, Missing Presumed Dead
- 2012 – Wes Hill, This is what I do
- 2012 – Matt Warren, In a silent way
- 2012 – Alicia King, Bad Samaritans
- 2010 – Tang Fu Kuen, Life of Imitation
- 2010 – David Cross with Jane Stewart, Paula Silva, Sarah Jones, Damien Quilliam, Fiona Lee, Nicole Durling, Fernando do Campo, Iteration:Again