Do you have a project that would be perfect at CAT?
We accept expressions of interest from professional contemporary artists and curators year round. Submissions can be from individuals or groups, in any medium, may be developmental in nature, or may involve a future body of work. CAT is open to ideas that may be presented in the gallery, off site, online, around our building, or part of our public program. We welcome submissions that are experimental in nature, contemporary in concept, and that clearly demonstrate viability.
Things to keep in mind
- The exhibition program is developed at least 12 – 18 months in advance, but if there is a specific reason why a project has a particular timeframe you can let us know in your submission
- Projects that are in their early phases will be developed in close contact with CAT staff
- Budgets available to support projects are limited
- We welcome EOIs from professional artists in diverse communities – if you have any questions or require assistance please contact us
- EOIs from undergraduate students are not accepted
- A one page description of the concept, proposed artwork/s and the curatorial framework of the exhibition/project. You may like to consider our gallery space and how the work will be installed
- One page CV (pdf) per participant
- Visual support material:
- Up to 12 clearly labelled images as a single pdf (please make sure that each image is no more than 72dpi) OR a URL to sound/video support material of no more than 5 minutes
- Support material in the form of relevant published writing by the applicant can be included as a single PDF or URL (optional)
For more information or to submit an EOI please contact CAT curator, Kylie Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org // 03 6231 0445
The CAT Program Committee considers EOIs. The committee meets five times per year.